Lovely

Friday, December 6, 2013

Crochet, Convention and Colds

My my my. It has been awhile since I have blogged and I am ready to get back at it. Between job changes, events and illness I haven't gotten a chance to catch up! But not for much longer, let's get you up to speed!

In October I finished nannying for some of the greatest kids I know. Their mom was blessed with a new job and there was no longer a need for me to watch them. This was hands down the greatest job I have ever had and they were a huge blessing to me! (Love you guys!) Afterwards I applied for many other jobs with no luck. I knew I had to find a way to make money but I didn't want to just apply anywhere. David and I prayed (and continue to pray) about my job situation and we both feel like God is opening doors for me to do what I love and make money from it.



 I love hand lettering signs, cards, chalkboards, banners, etc. and I've recently taken up crocheting. So after little deliberation, I decided to have my first ever sale of my handmade items on Facebook. I scheduled a time and made an announcement to my friends about it and when the day came... I posted and prayed.


After 20 minutes of nothing, I started to panic a little. Maybe no one wants anything and God and I miscommunicated about this whole "You gotta start somewhere." statement. Before I could even finish my "Lord, help me hear you a little more clearly from now on" prayer, I had my first buyer! (Shout out to Jodie F.) I ended up selling all but 2 within the first 6 hours of my sale and it felt good. Needless to say, I am excited to have my next one selling infinity scarves and boot cuffs. Stay tuned!


A couple weeks after, David and I took our youth group to National Youth Convention in Nashville, TN. This was our 2nd year of heading up this endeavor and our first time taking them out of state! It was an adventure to say the least and we all had a blast! There is just something about seeing 3,000+ teenagers raising their hands, shouting and worshipping God together. And even though the conference was geared towards them, they blessed us just as much. We love FAC Zero Gravity!


Do I even need to say anything about this one? Haha. They really are the best!

And of course, there is that third thing... Colds. But how beautiful is this snow we got! Ahhh, yes. I think it's safe to say that it is officially winter. I hope everyone is staying warm and building snowmen. I know we will be! Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment