Lovely

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

HSH 365 Challenge


The new year is always a time of reflection and resolutions. From giving up soda to business goals, just about everyone sets their minds to do better at something. I set a new goal every year, some more attainable than others but by Spring time I have already gotten either side tracked or completely forgotten about my recent aspirations. Why is that? For me, I decided that it's because I have always made resolutions that sounded good but never mean't much to me. Not this year! This year I have decided to make my new year resolution simple. Create. Every. Day. With my main goal to get an online shop up this year, I thought this was a good start. 

At first, I was posting a new creation every day on Instagram but by Day 3, I felt annoying. Now I've decided that every week I will do a post sharing that weeks DIYs and some How to's. Here is this weeks!

Day 1: I made this darling little stacks of pancakes with sea foam banners to add a little flair.

Day 2: I worked on a painting that will be part of our gallery wall. It's not completed yet, but soon.

Day 3: I hand lettered our living room sign with a little New Years inspiration.

Day 4: I learned how to crochet these cute, little rosettes. Now to bunch some up and crochet a throw pillow cover.

Day 5: Cake. Batter. Cookies. These sweet treats were so good! (Warning: Do NOT make these if your resolution has anything to do with losing weight, dieting or good health. They are addicting!)

Day 6: My mom's breakfast burrito recipe. Why yes, that clock does say 12:31... in the morning. We were preparing for the Blizzard of 2014 and this was a necessity. Who doesn't love breakfast?!


Day 7: DIY De-icer. Best idea ever. It even prevented the windows from icing over again last night. How cool is that! So I decided to take advantage of the warm front that came in yesterday and clean off the car for David. (By warm front, I mean anything above -5. On Monday, the wind chill got as low as -34 where we live. Say what?!?)

That's that! So far, the first week of 2014 has been a good one. I have an interview this week and we finally paid off two major bills. If the first week is any indication of what the rest of the year will be like, it should be pretty great! How has 2014 started for you? Any awesome resolutions that you have been keeping up with? Do share!


No comments:

Post a Comment