Lovely

Friday, October 4, 2013

Five Things I've Learned in Five Months of Marriage

Humor me. To many of my readers who are married and have been for 28 years (Hi mom!) just sit back and relax and maybe get a good laugh. I know you have experienced things that I cannot even begin to think of. But with five months of marriage under my belt, I have learned a few things. Some the easy way but mostly the hard way. Here we go!



#5. Sweet potato fries are not easy to make. You cannot just cut up that rock of a potato, toss in some olive oil and seasoning and put in the oven at 400 degrees and expect greatness once you decide to take them out. They will come out burnt to a crisp and you and your husband will have to eat spaghetti for dinner.

~

#4. If you want your dishes clean and you have a dishwasher, you have to shop around for a good dishwashing liquid. We went with the first one we saw, denying the good one since it was more expensive. Well don't! It doesn't get the job done and leaves you in an argument with your husband about how he isn't cleaning them off enough before putting them in the dishwasher. ( Oops!)
Solution: Do them by hand with Dawn dish soap or buy Cascade and apologize to him with ice cream. 



#3. When bringing home a special treat for yourself, do not leave it on the counter, tabletop, bar, coffee table or in plain site. Your husband will eat it... even if they are cough drops that "taste like candy."

~

#2. If you ask your husband to do some housework for you while you are at work, make sure to explain how. For example, I asked David if he could do some laundry while I was at work. Because he is so sweet, he did it and didn't even complain. Unfortunately for him, when I got home to white lint balls from our towels on all our clothes, a white shirt turned pink because of a rogue red tank top in the whites and a shrunken cardigan sweater I had just bought; I complained. Thus resulting in this...


#1. Never jump from around a corner to scare your husband. His natural reflex is to punch or kick the on coming object. Lesson learned the hard way. 

There you have it! Five months worth of life lessons. Do any of you have some funny stories from your first few months of marriage? I am always up for a good laugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment